Sunday, February 3, 2019

And it's midterms...all over...again

And yes, thank you for asking! My midterm study corner is definitely as cool and hip as Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.


Today I learned...
That patients, who presented at UVM and Dartmouth neurology departments in Vermont and New Hampshire respectively, who waterskiied at least twice a month per month for at least one year (yes, this was the exposure measure) had a heightened odds for ALS than those who did not fit this waterskiing category. Of course, some of my epidemiology classmates and I spent a non-insubstantial amount of time trying to pick apart this study today. Our biggest question remains unanswered: who are these - brave? bonkers? - Vermonters and New Hampshirites who are waterskiing/have ever waterskiied during every month of the year? Or are they, since every lake is frozen in the winter, pursuing national or international waterskiing competitions elsewhere, and thus compose a completely wacky study population. SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Today I'm grateful for...
Friends who make food, for themselves and me, in exchange for being able to watch the Super Bowl on my TV. While I code/work. During the entire game. I am very open to this kind of deal in the future, particularly when homemade meals are on the table. Ha.

Today's best part...
Honestly? Realizing I could write about three lines of code to properly format an email list for the office-wide Girl Scout cookie order I helped coordinate on behalf of a former employee. Because maybe that means I'm actually making headway toward reprogramming my mind into being more code and statistics friendly...all the puns intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment