Sunday, October 28, 2018

(Coding slow) on Sunday morning

I'm fairly sure this is the Sunday Morning Maroon 5 was thinking about when they wrote that song back in 2004...(wait what, 2004?!)

Nothing but regression lines, R code, and Lowess smoothers on this Sunday morning...and afternoon.


Today I learned...
I have no idea how to implement LAD regressions in R. Like at all.

Today I'm grateful for...
People. "A warm word from a friend, a joke and a moan with a colleague," as Dave Reay eloquently wrote in a Nature comment earlier this year. This piece, every time I read it, makes me cry, or at least tear up a bit if I'm in a particularly chipper place. If nothing else is taken away from this piece it should be that people, even if they don't know it at the time, absolutely can be lifelines during hard times. That and we, in general, but especially in the academic and scientific communities, should be more aware of how much of an impact each of us can have on the lives of others who are struggling to find their ways, particularly if darkness is closing in.

Today's best part...
Celebrating the one-year adoptaversary of Kacey Foreman and that fateful car-ride with Kyle to bring her home.


No comments:

Post a Comment