Monday, October 29, 2018

Paranormal distributions

When your PhD cohortmates ask for a pun-based trivia team name for Halloween, of course you immediately offer up...

  • Edgar Allen Flu
  • BOO-bic plague
  • HELLth systems strengthening
  • Sick or Treat?
  • Hemo-goblin levels positive
  • Insulin pump-kins
  • Reeses piecewise regression

...I think some of my cohortmates still like me. Maybe.

Today I learned...
I need to go back to my college-days class and study habits. No computer, no email, no phone during class.

Today I'm grateful for...
Vasudha Mulakaluri, who kindly "Is there anything I can do to help?" when I was talking about studying for my biostats midterm...and she doesn't necessarily know biostats. That's because Vasudha is unthinkably kind and thoughtful, and I so appreciate the thought.

Today's best part...
Was when I asked one of my PhD cohortmates, "Andrew, did you do #2 last night?"...and without missing a beat, he replied "Nancy, I thought we talked about boundaries!" I was referring to the second biostatistics practice exam - and clearly, I nearly fell over laughing at our seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment