Monday, November 12, 2018

Ahoy, four-day week ahead

Three-day weekends are swell, or at least until you realize you probably still need to squeeze five days' worth of work into the next week. Plus fun social events (I'm hosting the monthly Metrics' get-together on Wednesday), very exciting occasions (someone whose name rhymes with Soy Murstein has a doctoral defense on Friday [!!??!]), and a small dabble into cat-watching for a friend in a pinch.

Today I learned...
If you include multiple quotations within a graph's title in Stata, the title will then break at the quotation marks and create a new line (!?). And suddenly, my graph titles are much more readable...oh the little things.

Today I'm grateful for...
A beautiful afternoon (nearly 60 and sunny in Seattle...in November?!) in which I ran Gabby the dog up to the dogpark and back. She's now gently snoring on my bed and curling up at (or perhaps around) my feet. This dog brings me so much joy, and well, today I'm grateful for you Gabby.



Today's best part was...
Brunch with some lovely friends/colleagues. I miss having them in my day-to-day life, but I suppose catching up over breakfast burritos will suffice for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment