Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Two weeks until Ljubljana!

In two weeks' time I'll be somewhere in a plane en route to Ljubljana for the 2018 European Public Health (EPH) Conference! I'm both excited and nervous, with latter incited by simply how much I need to get done between now and then.



Today I learned...
That post-midterms moment of solace is officially over. The latest biostats homework was a beast (to say the least), and well, it looks like a certain someone will be spending some more time at TA office hours...

Today I'm grateful for...
Others' patience and flexibility. I truly thought I set my alarm for 6 am, but much to my dismay I woke up just before 8 am...and my dear friend Mel was supposed to drop off her dog to stay at my place at 7 am. She would have had every right to be extremely frustrated (and if I were in her shoes, I probably would have been myself), but somehow she wasn't and everything was fine. As someone whose average patience levels are mediocre at best, it was a great reminder about better 'going-with-flow.'

Today's best part was...
Coming home to two dogs who were just so unabashedly happy to see me. That level of enthusiasm and pure adoration for someone doing so little - arriving home! - makes it really hard to remain too discouraged by biostats for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment