Friday, November 16, 2018

"Boy becomes man becomes doctor" - Nafis Sadat


ROY BECAME A DOCTOR TODAY!



Today I learned...
How much easier analyses are when you have a well-constructed codebook and/or labeled variables in your dataset. While this is far from a new thing learned, I think it's worth mentioning given the extent to which I increasingly appreciate such data management. The amount of time I'm currently spending to hunt down variable names, confirm survey skip patterns, and format data for analysis is a blunt reminder of why research often can take longer than you anticipate...especially when you don't have the incredible benefit well-formatted data and/or team members or collaborators working with you on data-cleaning.

Today I'm grateful for...
Hot lemon water, the very unscientific treatment of choice to battle this head cold threatening to take over my sinus system. Beyond my stock of sinus pharmaceuticals, few things make me feel better than hot lemon water when I'm sick or at the cusp thereof.

Today's best part was...
Celebrating the newly minted Dr. Roy Burstein. I'm struggling to eloquently describe the mixture of awe, pride, and excitement I'm still tingling with. To see him present on his work, some of which I've contributed to and/or supported in one way or another; to recognize the years of analysis, code de-bugging, and revision behind his hour-long presentation; to know that with his successful defense and new role as the team lead at IHME Roy is about to write a new amazing chapter in his career...I couldn't be more proud of my friend and colleague.

No comments:

Post a Comment