Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Celebrate good times...

...like 18 or 81 or the Forecasting team's feats!




Today I learned...
It's not quite academic in nature, but I'm still floored by this discovery: apparently most of what Trader Joe's sells is actually from another company and those companies license or sell those products under a white label(?) to Trader Joe's.  Also, you can print a sugar-based photo from an actual printer at QFC and put it on a cake (?!?). This world never ceases to amaze and baffle.

Today I'm grateful for...
My 686 crew: Kelly Bienhoff, Sofia Redford, and Faye Ziegeweid. These women are simply the best. We're each pretty different and pretty different things led us to our little office at IHME. Yet the smarts, laughter, and support these three brought to 686 each day was unrivaled; I can't imagine how I would have made it through last year's ups and downs without them, and I'm so glad I still get to have these stellar people in my life (though far less frequently in-person, which is definiitely not preferred, not at all). 

Today's best part...
Was the long-anticipated, frequently-rescheduled 686 office happy hour. How I miss my former officemates - and how wonderful it was to spend that time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment